[Dovecot] Problem downloading mail with "large" attachment using Thunderbird....

Tue Jan 22 14:25:18 EET 2008

Bazy, on 1/22/2008 5:09 AM, said the following:

>>> We are still having this problem..... (running v1.0.9)

>> Did v1.0.10 fix it?

> It's not a dovecot issue, TB does that, try downloading atachaments
> with Sylpheed or with a webmail client.

Balderdash.

We use TBird on all 55+ machines in our office, and regularly deal with
large attachments - some as large as 50MB...

Of course, there is the *occasional* issue where someone tries to open
an attachment before the message is finished downloading - this can
confuse TBird (and probably other clients), and you have to force TBird
to redownload it again (by deleting the local cache - or by forwarding
it to yourself as an attachment)...

But this is a USER issue - tell your users not to try to open the
attachment before TBird is finished downloading it (the status bar is
finished).

--

Best regards,

Charles