[Dovecot] Slow header fetching rate over nfs mailspool.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 24 14:43:03 EET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 13:05 +0800, Dino Ming wrote:
> Hi Timo,
>
> I did a test with manully perform ls a hunderd times on the
> /dap/mstorage/example.com/dino/Maildir/cur
>
> but the response is very fast and without the strange delay like
> inside dovecot.

They're the same syscalls. I've no idea why it would be slow inside
Dovecot and not with ls. Although it's possible that it's slow only
*sometimes*. Because Dovecot does so many commands at once maybe the
problem happens only then.

One possibility to simulate this could be running "find ." for all
users' maildirs and see if at some point it just stops for many seconds.