[Dovecot] New server error

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jan 24 21:55:33 EET 2008

on 1/24/2008 11:12 AM Anne Wilson spake the following:
> On Thursday 24 January 2008 19:00:23 Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> I'm new to CentOS and still finding my way around.  It isn't being
>>> offered as an upgrade, but perhaps an FC6 package might work.   I'll see
>>> what I can find out.
>> Packages in http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/dovecot/ work for CentOS 5.
>
> Hmm - I have some packages from rpmforge.  IIRC I had problems in FC6 with
> atrpms conflicting with other repos.  I wonder whether it is safe to use
> rpmforge and atrpms at the same time?  I do remember Axel saying that he was
> working to try to improve the situation.
>
> Anne
You can either leave the repo disabled and only enable it for certain packages

"yum --enablerepo=atrpms-testing update dovecot"
Or just download the rpm from the website and "rpm -Uvh"

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and