[Dovecot] sieve vacation

Asbjørn Sannes ace at sannes.org
Fri Jan 25 12:28:44 EET 2008

mouss wrote:
> Asbjørn Sannes wrote:
>> I think sieve vacation is cutting off the last line of the vacation
>> message, is this a known problem?
>>
>> vacation addresses: "john at example.com" "not here now"
>> Would return an empty message, changing it to:
>> vacation addresses: "john at example.com" "not here now
>> have a nice day"
>> And it would send a message with only "not here now" in it, but not
>> "have a nice day".
>>

> does your file end with a newline? text files should end with a new
> line, otherwise many line oriented utilities will break. emacs has a
> setting to ask you if you forget one.

It certainly does end with a newline, I doubt that it is intended that
one would have to put a newline inside a variable. Hm, running sendmail
(ssmtp) manually gives me some weird results, could be that it is ssmtp
eating that last line ..

If I put "one\ntwo\nthree\n" into a text file and cat texfile | sendmail
myaddr it sends a mail without three in it, guess I have to look further
into this.

--
Asbjørn Sannes