[Dovecot] Thunderbird trouble with Dovecote and dbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jan 27 17:21:45 EET 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 15:37 +0100, Hannes Dorbath wrote:

> My basic questions now is, are those problems related to dbox, or to
> Dovecot and Thunderbird in general?

All of these issues have to do with handling/listing mailbox names. Most
of that code is shared with mbox code and that's working fine. I did a
few checks and LIST replies seemed to be ok with me.

Most of these issues sound like Thunderbird is assuming (caching) a
wrong hierarchy separator. Did you create a new account or use an
existing one? You could try if it makes a difference when configuring
dbox to use '.' as hierarchy separator:

namespace private {
  separator = .
  inbox = yes