[Dovecot] Thunderbird Problem - What causes this?

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Sun Jan 27 17:41:04 EET 2008

Strange problem and I'm not sure what's causing it. I'm using IMAP. A
new message arives in the inbox. I see it displayed in the message list
in bold. I click on the message and it looks like it's reading it by the
still bold (unread). However I can then click on an old message and then
click on the new message again and it reads.

I have also seen Thunderbird be in a somewhat unresponsive state. You
can click on messages and they don't read. But Shutting down Thunderbird
and restarting it make it responsive again.

Has anyone seen this?