[Dovecot] Postfix, mailbox_command, Dovecot deliver, LDAP and mail_location

Jim Horner jhorner at arinbe.com
Sun Jan 27 20:11:09 EET 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 12:48:24 Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> I am trying to tell Dovecot deliver to use $mail_location as the location

> # Dovecot
> # dovecot-ldap.conf
> user_attrs =
> mailHomeDirectory=home,mailUidNumber=uid,mailGidNumber=gid,mailQuota=quota=
>maildir:storage,mail=mailHomeDirectory

It is my understanding that mail_location only gets uses if no mail attribute
is specified. In any case, it appears that the above perhaps should read
mailHomeDirectory=mail. Also making the home and the mail directory the same
has caused problems for others on this list; like odd files showing up as
mail folders in the email client.

Jim