[Dovecot] sa learning from an imap spam folder

Bill Cole dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Jan 29 18:17:11 EET 2008

At 3:21 PM +0300 1/29/08, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>On Jan 29, 2008 2:36 PM, Zbigniew Szalbot <zszalbot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Dear Frank,
>>
>>  2008/1/29, frank.kintrup at fkware.de <frank.kintrup at fkware.de>:
>>  > This is my approach, stored in /etc/cron.hourly. It's very new, so I'm
>>  > still testing
>>  > it.
>>  >
>>  Thank you very much! This was a real help. Just one issue. When I set
>>  it as a cron job, it said:
>>  sa-learn: not found
>
>Give the full path to sa-learn (or put `which sa-learn`)

'which' doesn't work if the executable is not in your PATH
environment variable.  Most flavors of cron (wisely) provide a very
limited value for PATH, in some cases just "/bin:/usr/bin" and on
some systems /bin is just a symlink to /usr/bin anyway...

If you are using Vixie Cron or a workalike, you can set PATH in your
crontab and never have to worry about forgetting to use a full
pathname. That can also help protect against running an unexpected
version of something on a system where alternative implementations
may lurk behind unexpected PATH's.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com