[Dovecot] Shared inbox

adsarebad at gmail.com adsarebad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 23:16:52 EET 2008

adsarebad at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    I am using dovecot with maildir storage.  I want to share a inbox
> of one user with another user.  I read the page
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes but it does not deal with
> inboxes.  I tried a test of a non-inbox folder and it worked great.
> The inbox does not have a .inbox folder instead its kindof spread
> through the root of the mailbox.  Should I create a folder say
> .shared-inbox with a symbolic link to cur new tmp in
> other-guys-mail-folder?  What about index files, uid list, and keywords?
>
> Thanks
I just did some more testing and it seems linking to the root of a users
mailfolder gets his inbox.  Now my problem is I want to share a folder
that has a lot of other folder under it.  I want all folders under this
main folder to be shared.  I also want either user to be able to rename
move delete or make new subfolders.  How can I do this?

Thanks