[Dovecot] Multiple copies of a message

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:07:55 EET 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 23:16, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:

> > and

> Have you changed anything recently with your kmail filters?

KMail filters generally don't work on imap.  All my filtering is done in
procmail.

> Are you
> running more than one mailserver? Dovecot doesn't add the X-UID field, so
> I suspect it wouldn't be changing it, either.

Temporarily, yes.  I have just set up a new server, which is now carrying all
the traffic.  I have been leaving the old server readable while I check
everything out.  I will probably turn dovecot off on it this weekend.

As for the headers, yes, I would suspect that the X-UID could well be added by
kmail.  However, multiple copies of the messages are appearing in
~/Maildir/cur, and surely only dovecot could be putting them there?

Anne