[Dovecot] Errors running imaptest with dovecot-1.1.1

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Wed Jul 2 10:25:47 EEST 2008

El Martes, 1 de Julio de 2008 a las 19:42, Timo Sirainen escribió:
> These are actually all normal. I just haven't bothered to fix imaptest
> to treat different users' mailboxes as actual separate mailboxes. Since
> it assumes all the mailboxes are the one and same, it sees a lot of
> problems because they aren't. The multiuser support was written long
> before I added these checks and I haven't needed the multiuser testing
> myself for a long time, so this is broken for now. Feel free to fix
> it. :)

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, my coding skills are far from
optimal :)

> Also have you seen http://imapwiki.org/Benchmarking? imaptest tests best
> the webmail kind of a performance but not that much of
> Outlook/Thunderbird performance.

Yes, i've read it. Our server load raised quite a lot since we switched our
webmail from caching postman (http://www.uv.es/postman/postman.html) to
non-caching imp, so non-caching tests are more important for us.

Thanks.
--
Joseba Torre. CIDIR Bizkaia.