[Dovecot] Different PROXY for IMAP and POP3 using LDAP-auth

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 4 12:08:23 EEST 2008

On Jul 4, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Ralf Becker wrote:

> 1) Variable in "auth default" configuration:
>
> [dovecot.conf]
>
>  passdb ldap {
>    args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot-ldap-%Ls.conf
>  }
>  userdb ldap {
>     args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot-ldap-%Ls.conf
>  }
>
>  With results in dovecot not starting with error message:
>    Can't open configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot-ldap-%Ls.conf:
>    No such file or directory
>  So %Ls was not replaced.

This is a lot of work to implement.

> 2) Variable in pass_attrs
>
>  [dovecot-ldap.conf]
>
>   pass_attrs = \
>        uid=user,userPassword=password,homeDirectory=userdb_home,\
> 	uidNumber=userdb_uid,gidNumber=userdb_gid,\
>        dovecotProxy%Ls=proxy,dovecotHost%Ls=host,dovecotPort%Ls=port
>
>   With results in this LDAP server log entries:
>     SRCH attr=uid userPassword homeDirectory uidNumber gidNumber
>          dovecotProxy%Ls dovecotHost%Ls dovecotPort%Ls
>
>   So %Ls was not replaced also.

This probably wouldn't be difficult to implement, but I'm not sure
when I have time for it. If you want to try yourself, src/auth/passdb-
ldap.c and/or db-ldap.c see the existing var_expand() calls.

> Would it be an option to use multiple "auth" sections?
> E.g:
>  auth pop3 {
>  auth imap {

Multiple auth sections don't work in any reasonable way currently.

I don't think you really have any working solutions for LDAP
currently, other than running two separate Dovecot instances.