[Dovecot] AIX: mntctl implementation for NFS quota support

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Sat Jul 5 20:09:24 EEST 2008

Hi Timo, Hello list,

I've played around with dovecot-1.1.1 on AIX to get quotas (especially
NFS quotas) to work. I've found that dovecot doesn't implement handling
of 'mntctl' and so it is unable to determine filesystem mountpoints on
AIX correctly.

Your'll find more information about 'mntctl' here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.aix.basetechref/doc/basetrf1/mntctl.htm

Okay...

I've added mntctl support to 'lib/mountpoint.c' today. My tests are
looking good and so I'd like to share the patch.
While I'm still not really familiar with dovecots memory management, I
need someone who is familiar with it to have a look on my lines of code.
Especially the usage or p_new, t_strconcat and p_free should be checked.
:-)

To activate the patch you have to add "#define HAVE_VMOUNT_H 1" do
'config.h'. Maybe someone wants to alter configure* to do this
automatically?

And of course Timo, if you find it useful, you may include the code in
one of the next dovecot releases.

Regards, Ralf

  Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
  (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
  Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

    Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                    Fon: +49 651 8103 499
     Web: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr        Fax: +49 651 8103 214
  PubKey: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr     Crypto: GnuPG, S/MIME

  Wenn Gott gewollt haette, dass E-Mail in HTML geschrieben wuerden,
  endeten Gebete traditionell mit </amen>. (Tom Listen)