[Dovecot] Dovecot Sieve Broken with 1.1 RPMs?

Patrick Nagel patrick.nagel at star-group.net
Tue Jul 8 08:40:29 EEST 2008

Hi Gavin,

On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Mailing List wrote:
> Previously (in v1.0) we did not need the plugin section:
> sieve = mailfilter.sieve
>
> Is this now required even when just wanting to use a global sieve
> script? We have ~100 users so manually adding a mailfilter.sieve file to
> each users directory will be very time consuming.

Of course we created those mailfilter.sieve files automatically with a few
lines of shell script, so it's not that much of a hassle. It also gives the
benefit of being able to easily add user-specific rules.

But I don't think it is required - having only one global script should work,
according to the documentation.

> Are we able to input
> the full path name to our global script instead,
> i.e. /etc/dovecot-sieve/global?

I think we did something like that before, but that may have been with 1.0...

> I tried using sieve_global_path = /etc/dovecot-sieve/global in the 'lda
> protocol' section but, as stated, the script seems to be ignored. The
> local delivery agent is working but everything gets delivered to the
> users inbox instead of being filtered.

According to the Wiki (http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve) this should indeed
work. Did you check deliver's log - nothing interesting in there? Are you
sure the sieve script works? Maybe some syntax changed, and the version 1.1
interpreter fails? You can check with sievec if the script (still) compiles
correctly.

Patrick.

--
STAR Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.            http://www.star-group.net/
Phone:    +86 (21) 3462 7688 x 826             Fax:   +86 (21) 3462 7779

PGP key:         https://stshacom1.star-china.net/keys/patrick_nagel.asc
Fingerprint:           E09A D65E 855F B334 E5C3 5386 EF23 20FC E883 A005