[Dovecot] Version 1.0.13 - Maildir directory names

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Fri Jul 11 08:12:35 EEST 2008

On Thursday, July 10 at 07:14 PM, quoth Tobias Zimmerman:
> I am running Maildir (obtained via [mac|darwin] ports) on my Powerbook Pro

I assume you mean you're running Dovecot. ;)

> Is it possible to set Maildir not to put a dot in front of the
> directory names?

With 1.0.13? Not without hacking up the source. Version 1.1 allows you
to do this:

    mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs

In which case, your mailboxes will be arranged without the preceeding
dot.

> I tried messing with the "seperator" setting in the .conf file (I
> tried setting it to "/", ":" and ".") with no luck.  (I was able to
> connect in all cases, but new folders contined to receive dot-names.

The separator has nothing to do with the backend storage (and
*SHOULDN'T*).

> Is there a way to force Maildir(++) to name directories without the
> leading dot?

Not in 1.0.13.

~Kyle
--
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul.