[Dovecot] dbox and quota question

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sat Jul 12 15:10:09 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 13:29 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> i am asking myself
>> how quota is done with dbox in a virtual setup
>> with having quotas in sql
>>
>> dove 1.1.1
>> says quota maildir: No maildir storages, ignoring quota
>> lda means quota maildir: No maildir storages, ignoring quota
>> which is right
>>
>> i dont wanna use dict ,
>
> Maildir++ quota can be used only with Maildir. It would be possible to
> keep quota in Maildir++ compatible maildirsize file, but there's no code
> to do that yet and I wasn't planning on implementing it anytime soon.
>
>> i only wanna use the qutoas out of sql crated by
>> postfixadmin
>
> What does this mean? Does it create the maildirsize files? Can't you
> have Dovecot look up the limits from SQL itself in user_query?

sorry i was unclear here,
quotas are created from http postfixadmin gui in a sql table
which i like to use with dbox.
It works nice with maildir as documented

I thought somehow workaround dbox quota with a dict quota sql...
but as i understood examples with dict ,it should be used to update
static quotas to a sql table , not read dynamic quotas out of sql
( am i right here? )

I think existing quotas in sql could be used
if dovecot would ignore that no
maildir storage is used and simply
interpretes existing maildirsize files, which maybe created out of
existing sql quota entries
( but thats speculate )

--
Best Regards