[Dovecot] PATCH: flexible array members in dovecot 1.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 12 16:27:26 EEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 17:42 -0500, John Lightsey wrote:
> It looks like the build problems with the flexible array members in
> Dovecot 1.1 and GCC 2.95 has been raised several times already on this
> list, but no one mentioned out that autoconf 2.61+ provides a macro to
> deal with these.

I had also thought about doing something like this, but hadn't bothered
yet. AC_C_FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER would have been a nice solution, but
autoconf 2.61 is too new. For example RHEL/Centos 5.2 still has only
2.59 (and dovecot.org is running it). So I implemented my own version of
the check: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/97245d54efee