[Dovecot] dbox and quota question

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sat Jul 12 17:12:16 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
>>> What does this mean? Does it create the maildirsize files? Can't you
>>> have Dovecot look up the limits from SQL itself in user_query?
>> sorry i was unclear here,
>> quotas are created from http postfixadmin gui in a sql table
>> which i like to use with dbox.
>> It works nice with maildir as documented
>>
>> I thought somehow workaround dbox quota with a dict quota sql...
>> but as i understood examples with dict ,it should be used to update
>> static quotas to a sql table , not read dynamic quotas out of sql
>> ( am i right here? )
>
> Yes, dict quota is about keeping track of the users' current quota. It
> receives the actual quota limits from external settings.
>
>> I think existing quotas in sql could be used
>> if dovecot would ignore that no
>> maildir storage is used and simply
>> interpretes existing maildirsize files, which maybe created out of
>> existing sql quota entries
>> ( but thats speculate )
>
> You can of course create a script for yourself that does that, but I
> don't think Dovecot should bother trying to do it.

Hi Timo, it maybe possible with
Post-login scripting

like

QUOTA=`/usr/bin/mysql -N -B -D${DBDBSE} -h ${DBHOST} -u${DBUSER}
-p${DBPASS} -e "SELECT ${DBQOTA} FROM ${DBTABL} where username='$USER'"
2>/dev/null`

but i am lost how to answer this in imap to the client

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria