[Dovecot] How can i set vacation subject in non-english characters?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 12 22:23:05 EEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 03:00 +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I have implemented vacation via dovecot sieve. but how can i use
> non-english characters in vacation subject?

The same way as in all other email messages: MIME encode it. Perhaps
Dovecot should do this internally, but for now it doesn't.

Easiest way I can think of to generate the subject would be to let your
current MUA do that. Send yourself the subject you want and copy&paste
the Subject: header from the raw message sources.