[Dovecot] thunderbird sane config (OT)

Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Mon Jul 14 16:30:33 EEST 2008

Charles Marcus schrieb:
> On 5/7/2008, rosenfield.albert at gmail.com (rosenfield.albert at gmail.com)
> wrote:
>> (Background: I'm currently experiencing that Thunderbird does not work
>> against Postfix/Dovecot because the wizard interface for setting up an
>> account does not accept TLS-only servers.  Users just sit there with a
>> broken Thunderbird, not knowing what to do :-/.)
you can do it.

> It would be nice if you had the ability to access the Advanced Options
> when setting up a new account in TBird, but currently you don't...
Not true!

simple way: Just change the default config TB create your account from
with the settings you need.
You can find the file under your program dir i.e.
C:\Programme\Mozilla Thunderbird\defaults\pref
Compare the defaults to your working set of setting and change them
accordingly.
You can activate TLS or CRAM-MD5 and so an.
You can also predefine LDAP servers etc.

more elaborated way:
Mozilla Mission Contol:
->
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/MCD,_Mission_Control_Desktop_AKA_AutoConfig