[Dovecot] OT: Deleting email

Anders mail at flac.kalibalik.dk
Sat Jul 19 16:57:50 EEST 2008

Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> Next I tell thunderbird to mark certain messages as spam and delete
> email I marked as spam. I quit it and go back to pine. The spam marked
> messages which thunderbird swore were deleted are still there.

In IMAP, message deletion is a two step process. The second part is
called "expunge", and you do that in Thunderbird by selecting "Compact"
on a folder. There are options to do it automatically in Account
Settings, too. Check it out, and ask further questions on a Thunderbird
list :-).

Cheers,
Anders.