[Dovecot] AIX: mntctl implementation for NFS quota support

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jul 20 19:01:12 EEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 18:41 +0200, Ralf Becker wrote:
> Hi Timo,
>
> I've added support for a static mtab buffer.
>
> Unfortunately 256 Bytes are too small by far. In my case the required
> space is about 3 KByte. To avoid unnecessary memory allocation the
> static size is determined at configuration time by getting the current
> buffer size and adding space for about 5 mountpoints more. In addition
> 'configure' now checks for sys/vmount.h

Committed with a few changes, could you try if it still works? :)
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/ecc57955b99d

 - Some small coding style changes to make it more consistent with rest
of Dovecot code
 - Handle mntctl() returning failure
 - Instead of just one mntctl() retry I added a while-loop. The required
allocation size can change if more mounts are added, right? So there's
otherwise a small race condition between the size checking and the
actual allocation that could cause an unwanted failure. And I think it's
pretty safe to assume that the kernel won't return values that will
cause infinite looping. :)