[Dovecot] How can i get original mail subject in sieve vacation?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Jul 21 01:39:44 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 03:41 +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> I want to mix some new words and original mail subject as vacation
>> subject, how can i get original mail subject in sieve vacation?
>>
>> Original subject: Hello.
>> Vacation subject: Auto-Reply msg: Hello.
>>                   ^^^^^ New ^^^^^ ^Orig^
>
> Yes, this would be a nice feature. But currently it's hard coded, so you
> can't do it without modifying sources. Hopefully it is/will be
> implemented in Stephan Bosch's Sieve rewrite:
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-libsieve/
>.
Yes, the new Sieve implementation supports this behavior. This is a
typical case of the new variables extension to the rescue. The following
script shows a tested example of how this would be achieved:

require "variables";
require "vacation";

set "subject" "";
if header :matches "subject" "*" {
   set "subject" "${1}";
}

vacation :subject "Auto-Reply msg: ${subject}" text:
Hello,

I am currently on vacation. I'll be gone for six weeks and during that
time I am conveniently unreachable.

Cheers,

Stephan Bosch
.