[Dovecot] Multiple quota roots with quota-fs backend

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Mon Jul 21 02:34:07 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb am 20.07.2008 20:40:
> The rest I added only to v1.2, at least for now:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/796307638449
>
> I also thought that the root checking usually isn't necessary if there's
> only a single quota root, so it skips it then.

I'm not sure with that, because even if there is just one quota root not
all existing mailbox have to be located in it. Let's take Grandy Fu's
configuration as example. It pictures a situtation where the checking is
necessary:

   dovecot.conf:

   mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
   plugin {
     quota  = fs:INBOX:mount=/var/mail
   }

   /var/mail
   ---------
    * has quotas
    * for mailboxes hosted by this file system 'getrootquota' should
      report used/total quota sizes, because it is covered by
      quota = fs:INBOX:mount=/var/mail

   /home/h1 (or any other fs where mailboxes may reside)
    * has no quotas
    * for mailboxes hosted by this file system 'getrootquota' should
      report nothing, because it is _not_ covert by any quota root

  Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
  (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
  Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

    Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                    Fon: +49 651 8103 499
     Web: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr        Fax: +49 651 8103 214
  PubKey: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr     Crypto: GnuPG, S/MIME

  Wenn Gott gewollt haette, dass E-Mail in HTML geschrieben wuerden,
  endeten Gebete traditionell mit </amen>. (Tom Listen)