[Dovecot] Sieve plugin should recompile when symbolic link changes [patch]

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Jul 21 14:01:29 EEST 2008

Frank Behrens schreef:
> The sieve plugin compares the modification dates of sieve source and compiled script and
> compiles the script only if necessary. When the managesieve extension is used, it creates a
> symbolic link for the script. In order to switch between scripts managesieve changes the link
> only.
>
> Therefore the sieve plugin should include the modification date of an symlink in its decision
> about compilation. The attached patch adds this functionality.

Hmm, good catch. Eventually, I would like to manage the binary from
ManageSieve too. Currently the newly installed script is compiled upon
upload and again when dovecot-sieve finds it, which is something I
consider to be inefficient. I am not yet sure how to solve this in a
reliable way.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch