[Dovecot] Multiple quota roots with quota-fs backend

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 21 15:37:33 EEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 10:36 +0200, Ralf Becker wrote:
> ./src/plugins/quota/quota.c:
>
> Looking over the new function 'quota_root_is_visible' let's me think,
> that Grandy Fu's original solution (*) should work then, because
> 'noenforcing' does cover not only quota checking but also quota root
> reporting. So 'noenforcing' is then just an alias for 'hidden'.
> Right?
>
> So the meaning will change from
>    dovecot-1.1.1: 'noenforcing' => report, but don't enforce
>    dovecot-1.1.2: 'noenforcing' => don't report and don't enforce

I suppose you mean with dovecot-1.2, since I didn't change this to
v1.1.2..?

Anyway noenforcing still means the same. When reporting the enforce
parameter is FALSE, so the no_enforcing check isn't done.

If it didn't report and didn't enfroce, there would be no point in
having the quota specified at all. :)