[Dovecot] recursive acl problem

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Jul 21 16:11:28 EEST 2008

Hi Timo,

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 14:35 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> namespace shared {
> ..
>> In my meaning this shouldnt be so
>> only names of ( names of directories) at /usr/local/virtual/%d/%u/
>> should be shown  , subfolders in them should only be
>> imap browseable if there is another dovecot-acl in them which permits
>> lookup
>
> I think the problem here is what Dovecot uses as the default
> permissions. See if it helps if you change it to a "namespace private"?

there should not be a default permission until there is no
global vfile with default ( or until its hardcoded somewhere)

i cant think of a default vfile acl in virtual setups
which might fixes this problem in total yet ( related to the present acl
  design )

i will try private namespace but it should work with shared namespace
in the future

> But this kind of a configuration is something that isn't really even
> supposed to be supported yet.

i understand this, no problem , this is a testing setup
i am playing around and look whats possible

thx for your work on dove, and quick reply

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria