[Dovecot] making IMAP quicker on LAN

Andrew Von Cid andrew at accid.net
Thu Jul 24 12:17:31 EEST 2008

Hi all,

I keep on hitting this problem when migrating new clients from POP or
local IMAP servers (hosted on their LAN's) to my Dovecot setup, which is
hosted properly in a data center.  People usually complain that it's
slower and although they're getting a kick ass mail setup it doesn't
look good from their point of view.

I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to speed it up on their
LAN's.  What I mean is probably a caching IMAP proxy or some sort of
replication to a local Dovecot server.  Is this something Dovecot can
do?  I'd be really grateful for any opinions on how to tackle this problem.

Many thanks,

Andrew.