[Dovecot] stopping dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 26 19:45:20 EEST 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 5:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

>> I have imap-login processes staying arround and occupying port
>
> Ah, well, that's a different question! Stopping dovecot won't kill the
> processes with actual logins. -> killall imap-login

It does kill everything. I don't know if there's anything that Dovecot
can do about the "Address already in use" problem. It seems that the
OS is keeping the listener alive for some reason longer than the
processes exist. I've had the exact same problem with some simple test
programs and haven't figured out how to avoid it (even cleanly closing
all the connections didn't help. although I just thought that perhaps
using shutdown() might have, guess I'll have to try the next time).
Maybe google would find something about this problem, I haven't looked.