[Dovecot] stopping dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jul 27 03:29:17 EEST 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

>> I think the imap-login processes will hang around if there are SSL or
>> proxy connections through them (but perhaps they shouldn't be
>> "listen"-ing for new connections?).
>
> It would be good if existing clients were not disconnected but
> starting
> dovecot would be possible. That's how daemons for other services
> behave.

This is how it should work, but for some reason netstat still shows
the process as listening even after closing the listener file
descriptors. I'll try to figure out later what the problem is. Perhaps
some stupid mistake that I'm not noticing now, or perhaps it has
something to do with the fd being opened by the master process and
transferred to a forked child process..