[Dovecot] stopping dovecot

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Jul 27 21:31:18 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote on Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:14:29 +0300:

> The behavior is controlled by shutdown_clients setting. I suppose you
> have it set to "no"?

It's set to how dovecot.conf came:

#shutdown_clients = yes

If that indicates the default it is enabled. But it didn't work.
The thread I started wasn't so much about killing these children with a
shutdown, anyway. It was about the behavior that these login processes
stayed there for more than five hours after a dictionary attack that took
only a few minutes before they eventually died away slowly.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany