[Dovecot] lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so: undefined symbol: message_decoder_init

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Wed Jul 30 15:50:26 EEST 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:
> I don't think the rpms are broken. Thomas, do as Uldis recommended,
> remove all traces of dovecot from you system including self-compiled
> ones that may be under /usr/local. Then reinstall dovecot and
> dovecot-sieve from ATrpms.

Not sure about ATrpms, but sometimes updating from v1.0 to v1.1 (rpm -U)
don' t work as expected -
old modules remain on system. I recommend compleatly remove /modules
direcory to be sure.
Actualy rpm must check for
1. (preinstall/postinstall scripts) there is no any old module files
left after upgrade.
2  force overwrite even if file is "newer" ... in case of old 1.0
version modules my be "newer" than 1.1.

Uldis