[Dovecot] spamassassin, postfix with dovecot lda?

George Mamalakis mamalos at eng.auth.gr
Mon Jun 2 15:33:10 EEST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a mail server using postfix (virtual_mailboxes),
spamassassin and dovecot, along with SQL where appropriate. From my
research so far I realized that, for several reasons, it is required for
me to use dovecot LDA instead of maildrop, local, procmail or other
alternatives.

My configuration was working flawlessly, until spamassassin per-user
configuration came to play. If I just wanted an MTA anti-spam gateway, I
could directly call spamassassin via master.cf, or through some helper
"content-filter-application" (like amavis or amavisd-new), and
everything would work just fine (I tried and tested many such
configurations with success). But when antispam per user preferences
became my concern (Bayesian filters and classifier), I realized that
spamd should be called by the LDA. With procmail this was a trivial
issue, with dovecot-lda I was unable to find any solution on the web or
other documentation.

So my question is as follows:
    Is there a way to call spamc from dovecot-LDA (and/or
dovecot-sieve), or is there an alternate way to do this for a site with
virtual mailboxes configured with dovecot-lda?

Thank you all in advance,

regards,

--
George Mamalakis