[Dovecot] spamassassin, postfix with dovecot lda?

George Mamalakis mamalos at eng.auth.gr
Mon Jun 2 18:16:48 EEST 2008

Hi Egbert,

thank you for your reply. I searched www.postfixvirtual.net, as you
suggested, with no luck. Their configuration differs significantly from
mine, since they are using CYRUS libraries in general, and not dovecot.
Moreover, the configuration that is proposed uses a vmail user (or some
general-mail-user) which is not something I would like to adhere into my
configuration. I would like each user to have their own preferences,
quotas, permissions, etc as far as their email is concerned. Lastly, the
idea of using maildrop for local delivery instead of dovecot-lda passed
through my mind, but when i tried to combine it with my configuration
it didn't work; it probably needed cyrus libraries and not dovecot
libraries. I think that if i manage to set it up correctly (if feasible,
of course), then I would have found my solution.

Thanks again,

--
George Mamalakis