[Dovecot] mbox empty messages in Sent folder

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 21:34:59 EEST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> > Maybe this helps? http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/dd9d344ba140
>>
>> Thanks Timo, I'll let you know if it happens again with this patch.
>
> That only causes the empty message not to be written at all, it doesn't
> help about losing saved messages.

Amoung the various emails with header corruption I got with 1.1.rc8, one of them
is similar to the one of this bug report. Just the first 5 lines of
header without body, and without the remaining lines of the header,
either.

But this time there are two header lines more: X-Keywords and Content-Length.

---
>From xxxxxxxx at xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx  Mon Jun 02 23:53:29 2008
---

Actually this is the Content-Length after having selected the mail
with evolution, and having this error in dovecot.log:

Error: IMAP(username): FETCH for mailbox sent-mail UID 7863 got too
little data: 2 vs 615
Error: IMAP(username): Corrupted index cache file
/mailhome/username/.imap/sent-mail/dovecot.index.cache: Broken virtual
size for mail UID 7863

I don't know if the original email content length was correctly
written in the header, or in the index.

Diego.