[Dovecot] Auto creating client folders on the IMAP server after installing client.

Radio Tron paleywiener at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 17:58:59 EEST 2008

> As requested, please provide specific and full
> details of how you have it configured...

I added the following to Thunderbird:
mail.imap.auto_subscribe true
mail.imap.auto_subscribe_on_open true
mail.imap.auto_unsubscribe true
[I had to create the keys for this]
mail.imap.auto_unsubscribe_from_noselect_folders true
[this was already there]

Then i created a new account:
IMAP settings:
Server name: mail.xxxxxx.com
Port: 143
User Name: qwerty [Unix PAM ID]
Use Secure Connection: TLS

Outgoing SMTP server:
Server name: mail.xxxxxx.com
Port: 25
User Name: qwerty [my SASL->PAM userID]
Use TLS: checked.

Everything else is default. The moment i exit the
account creation window and click on Inbox, "accept
server certificate" pops up and woosh.. folders
Drafts/Sent/Trash appear with some pretty icons (Inbox
was already there). I accept certificate and click
"Sent" - POPUP: "The current command did not succeed.
The mail server responded: Mailbox doesn't exist:
Sent" Dito Trash,Drafts. If i try to Compose and save
a message i get: Mailbox does not exist Drafts.

I am using TBird 2.0.0.14 on CentOS 5. I've asked on
the TBird forums as well.. My Dovecot is version
1.0.14

I got to sleep see you guys in 10 hours time (if i
survive not killing someone :p)