[Dovecot] Auto creating client folders on the IMAP server after installing client.

Benjamin R. Haskell dovecot at benizi.com
Mon Jun 9 18:17:26 EEST 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 6/9/2008, Radio Tron (paleywiener at yahoo.com) wrote:
>> I got to sleep see you guys in 10 hours time (if i
>> survive not killing someone :p)
>
> Why are you messing with editing the config file? You're really making
> this way harder than it needs to be.

I agree with Charles. In particular, I wonder why you're explicitly
setting all of these subscription-related settings. I've never had to
touch subscriptions in Thunderbird, which seems to "just work", in stark
contrast to the way Outlook deals with IMAP folders. (Though, admittedly,
it may be a function of my not understanding why you'd need subscriptions
in a typical, per-user mail setup -- I only see their utility if you have
access to a large, shared hierarchy.)

Best,
Ben