[Dovecot] Multiple SSL certificates with dovecot.

Daniel Black daniel.subs at internode.on.net
Tue Jun 10 15:51:40 EEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:01:38 pm Andre Rodier wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> By advance, I hope you'll excuse my probably not perfect English, which
> is not my mother tongue.

its pretty good.

> I have always appreciated dovecot for this simplicity to setup and
> lightweight, but today, after many installations, I cannot find how to
> setup dovecot for my configuration.
>
> - I use only IMAPS to retrieve the mails.
> - I manage two domain names
> - I use CA-Cert certificates
>
> So,the question is : how to setup dovecot to select the appropriate
> certificate, according to the domain name I use when I retrieve mails
> using the IMAPS protocol ?

It cannot. To do so would require "Server Name Indication" rfc3546 to be
implemented. It also would require email clients to support it.
https://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/VhostTaskForce

An alternate is to get both names in the one certificate.
https://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/CSRGenerator

--

Daniel Black