[Dovecot] Antispam plugin custom behavior?

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Jun 11 18:25:26 EEST 2008

Hello,

I currently have a setup on my system with what I call "magic folders"
to enable spam filter training. Here's how it works:

     1. If you have a false-negative, put the spam into the Spam.Report
     folder
     2. If you have a false-positive (which has all kinds of ugly
     spamassassin protective markup in it), put the message into the
     Spam.NotSpam folder

Currently what happens is that a cron job comes along every five
minutes and processes the messages in those folders. In the case of
the NotSpam folder, it strips the message of the spamassassin markup,
retrains the bayesian net, and redelivers the message (e.g. via
deliver). In the case of the Report folder, the message is used to
train the bayesian net (among other things) and then deleted.

I'd love to be able to trigger these actions when the mail is moved,
rather than have a cron job inspecting the mailboxes.

I looked into the antispam plugin
(http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-antispam), which
seems nice but doesn't appear sufficiently generic for my needs. What
would really work is if I could get it set up such that putting a
message into either of those directories is turned into piping the
message to a script of my choosing (a different one for each folder).

Does anyone know a good way of getting my own custom behavior in here,
or is my cronjob setup probably the best way?

~Kyle
--
The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true.