[Dovecot] Antispam plugin custom behavior?

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Jun 11 19:24:16 EEST 2008

On Wednesday, June 11 at 05:51 PM, quoth Juan Asensio Sánchez:
> The anispam plugin does exactly what you need, and you could forget
> the cron script. If you use SpamAssassin, you could add a rule to
> Sieve to move the Spam messages when they arrives to the Spam
> folder. If a user moves a message from Spam folder to any other
> folder, then the message is considered a false possitive (when this
> move is detected you could run sa-learn inmediatly, without the cron
> script); the other way, when a user moves a message INTO the spam
> folder you could run again the sa-learn script, but with different
> parameters.

Well, for one thing, this is different behavior than what my users are
used to, and I'd rather not have to re-explain how things work and
deal with confusion about the difference in behavior.

Plus, unless I misunderstand the antispam plugin (quite possible), it
doesn't *alter* the message when you remove it from the Spam folder
--- because if it did, that could confuse IMAP clients that expect
messages not to change when moved.

~Kyle
--
The borrower is the slave of the lender.
                                                       -- Proverbs 22:7