[Dovecot] FTS/squat search indexes built when?

Jay Levitt lists-dovecot at jay.fm
Sat Jun 14 14:56:22 EEST 2008

I know that a given search index doesn't get built the first time until
you do an actual search on it from an IMAP client.  I don't much care
about that; I'm the only user, and I don't create new folders too
often.  At worst, I could create a script to go search every folder once.

But what I'm not clear about: Does it then get updated on every delivery
by LDA?  Or does the index also need to get updated when I do a search,
assuming there's been at least one message delivered since the last search?

Jay Levitt