[Dovecot] dovecot-uidlist cleanup

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 18 03:30:51 EEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 16:52 -0400, Bill Cole wrote:
> Your observations are consistent with mine: normal delivery with
> procmail (i.e. leaving a new message in the 'new' directory) of any
> mailbox results in Dovecot cleaning up the dovecot-uidlist file, but
> adding a message to a mailbox via the IMAP  "UID COPY" command does
> not.

Right. I wish someone would have told me about this earlier rather than
kludging around it by deleting the file in a cronjob. ;)

This should help: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/92c3d6e64f2a and
for v1.1: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/dbdb33bf8893

The recreate-on-append would have been nicer I think, but it doesn't
work because saving a mail doesn't sync the maildir so it doesn't know
which messages have been expunged.