[Dovecot] 1 week after full migration to 1.1v

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Jun 24 17:20:37 EEST 2008

Hi

Sounds like you know what you are doing!

>>  - can I assume you have given some thought to
>> tuning your file system which handles the spool files?
>>

> The server uses xfs for maildir partition and so on, it uses
> noatime,nodiratime,nobarrier,logbufs=8.

I guess you have read around a little on XFS + maildir?  There was some
discussion a while back that showed it could sometimes get a little slow
without some tweaking - I think the logbugs param you used was mentioned
as the solution?  Since you are IO constrainted did you try some
benchmarks on other filesystems?

Good luck

Ed W