[Dovecot] 1.0.14 -> 1.1.1: dovecot-uidlist errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 24 19:36:44 EEST 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 7:31 PM, Amitai Schlair wrote:

> I've just updated from 1.0.14 to 1.1.1 (Maildirs). According to <URL:http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.1
> >, "dovecot-uidlist file is in a new format. The old format is
> automatically converted to new one."
>
> When I try to delete a message (which moves it to the IMAP Trash
> folder), I get the following looping sequence of errors until I
> cancel the delete operation in the mail client:
>
> -----
>
> Jun 24 12:22:13 chicken-ac dovecot: IMAP(schmonz): fdatasync_path(/
> home/schmonz/Maildir/.Trash/cur) failed: Bad file descriptor

What OS and filesystem do you use? Apparently it doesn't like that I
try to fsync() a read-only directory file descriptor. But then again I
don't know if there's another alternative than to just not fsync() the
directory.

> Jun 24 12:22:13 chicken-ac dovecot: Panic: IMAP(schmonz): file
> maildir-uidlist.c: line 1217 (maildir_uidlist_sync_update):
> assertion failed: (ctx->first_unwritten_pos != (unsigned int)-1)

Still shouldn't crash even if the fsync fails, I'll see about fixing
that.

A workaround for now would be to se fsync_disable=yes