[Dovecot] 1.1 and the zlib plugin

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Tue Jun 24 23:56:02 EEST 2008

On Tuesday, June 24 at 01:59 PM, quoth Kyle Wheeler:
> I've been playing around with using namespaces to change the way
> messages are stored. My idea was to use mbox for archival stuff,
> like this:
>
>     namespace private {
>         separator = .
>         hidden = no
>         inbox = yes
>         prefox =
>         location = maildir:%h/Maildir
>     }
>     namespace private {
>         separator = .
>         hidden = no
>         prefix = "INBOX.Archive."
>         location = mbox:%h/Maildir/Archive
>     }

Something seems to have gone wrong with my setup here. As I've been
testing moving large numbers of email into the archive folders (2000+
messages), some of them never make it to the new namespace. Instead of
showing up like they're supposed to, they appear as entirely empty
messages. Inspecting the raw mbox file, the message has become just an
mbox header and an empty line. Not good! Does anyone have any idea how
I can help debug this?

~Kyle
definition, not smart enough to debug it.
                                                     -- Brian Kernighan