[Dovecot] wrong permission

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 26 12:02:45 EEST 2008

Im still finding a number of control directories that have the wrong
permission:

Jun 26 00:02:34 userimap13.xs4all.nl dovecot: IMAP(xxx): file_dotlock_create(/var/spool/mail/dovecot-control/g/gl/xxx/INBOX/.Apple Mail To Do/dovecot-uidlist) failed: Permission denied

userimap1# ls -al "/var/spool/mail/dovecot-control/g/gl/xxx/INBOX/.Apple Mail To Do" total 8
drw-------  2 xxx  user  4096 May 12 23:43 .
drwx------  7 xxx  user  4096 May 12 23:43 ..

This folder was created May 12, well after us starting to use 1.1RC versions.
I currently fixed a few hundred of these (out of millions of folders), and
whats interesting is that a very large percentage of those (1/3th) is
the folder "Apple Mail To Do", created by Mail.App I think. Obviously that
same folder is no where near 1/3th of our total folder number, so thats
a bit strange.

I really doubt this is some local setting issue, because then id see much
more of those. Right now it's a tiny fraction of our total folder amount,
which leads me to believe it's some weird edge case in the dovecot code.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cor