[Dovecot] Automatic Debian repository with packages for Dovecot-1.1 including Sieve and ManageSieve support.

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Mar 8 13:39:16 EET 2008

Hello Dovecot users,

For those of you who like to live on the edge, there is now a
Debian-testing repository available with hourly updates from recent
Dovecot-1.1 changes in the Mercurial repositories. It automatically
releases a new set of packages if it notices any changes in any of the
repositories. The packages are built with dovecot-sieve-1.1 and
dovecot-1.1-managesieve included. Currently, it only provides binaries
for the i386 architecture and no source packages are available. The
small Debian-specific patches that are included in the official Debian
packages are currently not included for this repository. Also, the
packages are currently not PGP signed.

I've built this repository to obtain continuous updates on whether the
managesieve patch and package still compile and work with the latest
Dovecot  release. I get an e-mail if anything goes wrong during the
build. I implemented the cron script right at the release of
dovecot-1.1.rc1 and now that it successfully upgraded the package
versions to 1.1.rc2, I decided to release the repository to the world.

Needless to say: do **NOT** use this repository for systems that need to
be **STABLE**.

Usage should be similar to the backports.org repository
(http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions), but add
the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ testing-auto main

Package versions look as follows: 1:<upstream-version>~auto+<build number>
Current latest version: 1:1.1.rc2~auto+1

For questions, comments and requests, you can send me an e-mail.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl