[Dovecot] 1.1 master auth not expanding static userdb variables

Andrew Roberts amr at noom.org
Mon Mar 10 07:01:47 EET 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Do you mean it creates /var/mail/%Lu directory and changing namespace
> location changes this to e.g. /var/mail/test tries to create that
> instead of %Lu?

That's right.  Changing it to /var/mail/%u creates a directory named "%u".
Same for "test".

The "mail=maildir:/var/mail/%Lu" in usrdb args was something I added to
see if it made a difference.  I've enabled logging in deliver, but am
getting only the info mesages that show the correct (expanded) username
and say "saved mail to INBOX".

Andrew