[Dovecot] invoking LDA in .forward

Jeremie Bouttier bouttier at spht.saclay.cea.fr
Mon Mar 10 11:05:57 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> How about just setting /var/mail 01777?

I believe this allows any user to create /var/mail/anotheruser if it
does not exist yet. We have several hundred accounts and new ones
regularly created, so this is a risk (that could perhaps be mitigated by
  creating the inbox at the same time as the account ?). Also the Debian
policy specifies that /var/mail be 2775, not that it is sacred to me,
but since there are other Debian-packaged MDAs/MUAs on the system I'm a
bit wary about changing that.

A possibly simple solution (and wishlist item) would be that deliver use
an external dotlocking program if needed (dotlockfile, mlock...).