[Dovecot] Who's wrong, atmail or dovecot?

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Tue Mar 11 14:51:06 EET 2008

We recently switched to atmail, as well as dovecot. I noticed in atmail
the size of the mailboxes was always reported as 0kb.

So, I did some debugging, and it boiled down to the fact that the regular
expression used by dovecot expected UID before SIZE, but Dovecot returned
SIZE before UID. No biggy, I changed the regex, but I was curious if there
was a standard.

Here's the imap query that is sent:
UID FETCH 1:* (RFC822.SIZE)

Here's the diff I implemented to make it work:
http://www.xecu.net/atmail/dovecot_sizes.diff

So...is this something that is standard or something atmail needs to
handle by making their regex more dynamic?

Andy

---
Andy Dills
Xecunet, Inc.